Workshops and Seminars
We are passionate about educating and building the confidence of the people who provide anesthetic and analgesic care on a daily basis: veterinarians and veterinary technicians. In-house workshops and seminars in the Portland, Oregon area are tailored to meet the needs of your team. We emphasize problem solving and hands-on learning to enhance the training experience. Team members may receive approved Continuing Education credits for participation.
Popular workshop and seminar topics:
- Anesthesia protocol design
- Anesthetic considerations for dental patients
- Blood pressure monitoring and management
- Peri-operative pain management
- Advanced anesthetic and analgesic techniques
- Recognition and treatment of anesthetic complications
Dr. Shafford routinely speaks at local, regional and national veterinary conferences. Here’s an overview of her speaking schedule:
- ABVP Symposium – November 13 & 14, 2015. New Orleans, Louisiana. 7 hours of lecture focused on improving anesthesia safety for cats.
- Red River College – November 21 & 22, 2015. Winnipeg, Manitoba. 2 days of training provided to veterinarians and technicians. Case discussion, hands-on troubleshooting of monitors and equipment, and anesthesia management of dogs and cats undergoing spay and neuter surgery prior to adoption.
- Portland Veterinary Practice Managers’ Association – January 21, 2016. 1.5 hours of lecture focused on Making Vet Visits Fear Free™
- Washington County Veterinary Medical Association – February 17, 2016. Anesthesia Considerations for Dental Patients. Team-taught with Dr. Jean Battig of the Animal Dental Clinic.
- Music City Veterinary Conference – February 26-28, 2016. Fear Free™ Symposium. Serenity Now: Practical Sedation Protocols for Cats and Dogs.
- ACVAA/IVECCS Meeting – September 7-9, 2016. Grapevine, TX. Considerations in Feline Pain Management for Emergency Practice. Challenges for Anesthesiologists in Private Practice: Tips and Tools for success.
- Fall Harvest – October 2, 2016. Portland, OR. Let’s Talk About Gas: End Tidal CO2 Monitoring.
- PVMA Meeting – November 2, 2016. Portland, OR. Focus on Felines: Anesthesia Considerations.
- Marion Polk VMA – November 13, 2016. Salem, OR. Capnography is Cool.
- Winterfest – January 29, 2017. Portland, OR. Getting to the Heart of the Matter: Anesthesia for Cats with Heart Disease.
- Continuing Education Seminar – February 1, 2017. Olympia, WA. Improving Anesthesia Safety.
- PVMA Meeting – March 9, 2017. Portland, OR. Advances in Anesthesia.
- Continuing Education Workshop – November 4, 2017. Salt Lake City, UT. 4 hour workshop on Anesthesia Safety and Monitoring.
Contact us if you are interested in having Dr. Shafford share her enthusiasm for anesthesia and pain management at your clinic or conference venue.